SHAKING blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

France 24

Despite popular opinion in this country that 24 hours a day of television broadcast with a "distinctly French point of view" is 23 hours, fifty-nine minutes and fifty-seven seconds a day too many, I, personally have been intrigued by the concept of France24, France's new news and culture network. And this has nothing to do with the fact that a very good friend of mine and the author of one of our generation's best novels is now one of the head honchos at France 24.

No, I'm fascinated because ever since I saw this commercial, I can't stop thinking to myself, "the French really are different than you and me." Take a look:


Can you imagine this playing in Peoria? Well, that's exactly what I'm going to ask you to do. (Come on, it's XMas week and I'm feeling too overfed and lazy to break it down for you myself right now.) So have a think on this one for a little while and we'll discuss further in 2007.

Meanwhile, hope you're still enjoying a joyeux Noel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile