SHAKING blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

If I Were Going to Write About OJ...

Here's how I'd do it: MURDERER!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I have a music recommendation for you people. Yes, yes, I know. In the past I’ve been accused of having terrible taste in music. And I just have to say those accusations hurt me a great deal because they were as right as rain. But a new day has dawned, and even though I still have great fondness for Ace of Base, my palette has expanded to include good music, too.

So do yourselves a favor and check out this young folk rock singer out of New Braunfels, Texas named Ryan Bingham. Yep, that is a hotlink to his MySpace page, but don't hold that against him. He's got four songs you can listen to there, my favorites are the middle two, "Sunrise" and "Southside of Heaven."

He's got one of those really cool, throaty voices -- imagine a male, cowboy hat wearing Kim Carnes -- wait, no, don't do that, that's an awful image. But even for us North Eastern snobs who tend to shy away from all things non-Brooks Bros., this guy will almost make you wish you, too, knew how to pop off a beer cap with your belt buckle. I haven't heard anything like it and it's worth a listen. Ryan hasn't broken yet, but he's about to and once you hear him, you'll know why. You might even thank me. But maybe we should just leave hypotheticals like that to the Juice man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile