SHAKING blog

Friday, May 06, 2005

Still Recovering...

FADE IN:

Int. Bubble Lounge, an elegant bar/lounge in Tribeca. The beautiful space is filled with a collection of equivalently beautiful people quaffing Tattinger Champagne and Citadelle Vodka. They are smiling, they are happy, they are, in all likelihood, loaded... Music wafts in the background below the sounds of spirited conversation, laughter and the clinking of glasses.

CLOSE ON: Two women, RENÉE and ROBIN, who stand in the center of the room gaping in awe at their glamorous surroundings and the chic crowd.

RENÉE
Wow.

ROBIN
Wow.

RENÉE
I just said that.

ROBIN
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy admiring all the amazing people who've gathered to celebrate with us. Look at them!

RENÉE
It is an incredibly hip crowd. And they look smart, too.

ROBIN
How can you tell?

RENÉE
I just know these things. Do you doubt me?

ROBIN
Never. Except occasionally. But not tonight. And it's not just because I've been drinking a lot of gimlets.

RENÉE
How much do we love the owners and staff at the Bubble Lounge for making this happen?

ROBIN
I'd sleep with all of them -- oh, and I love them, too. And the good folks at Berkley Books?

RENÉE
They are good. They are very, very good.

ROBIN
This party has pretty much exceeded my wildest expectations. You?

RENÉE
I think we've been incredibly fortunate to have so many great friends, colleagues, wonderful family and a lot of hot randoms turn out to help us send SHAKING HER ASSETS into the world in properly glam fashion.

ROBIN
Author, author & ditto, lady!

ROBIN holds up her flute of bubbly and clinks it against RENÉE's. With great pleasure the two women smile at one another, take a sip and begin laughing... one can tell the girls have done this before and can't wait to do it again!

FADE OUT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile