SHAKING blog

Friday, February 03, 2006

Jay hasn't quite figured out how to post this himself yet...

Well, a big hello to the tens of readers out there. I was a little nervous jumping into the Chattersphere so I asked big sis Robin for some advice. And what was that advice? Picture them in their underwear. (Actually, that's Robin's advice for pretty much everything.) But, considering that I'm writing this in my underwear, her advice seems particularly apt.

So, according to Robin, her and Renee wrote a book sometime ago. News to me. I think it's called "Are You There God, It's Me... Robin and Renee." Since I'm not much of a reader, I'll wait for the movie version. Or Lifetime special. (I hear Meredith Baxter-Birney will play Robin, but that's not confirmed yet.) But I'm pleased as punch to throw down with the ladies every Friday. Unfortunately, I have almost nothing to add so I'll have to get my shots in early before I'm booted off. And, since all I do with my time is watch bad TV, that's mostly what you'll be treated to. And the top of my list right now? That Geico Gecko with the British accent. He's mesmerizing. The mellifluous tone, cheeky cadence. I'm hooked. I even bought car
insurance because of him and I don't have a car. Pie and Chips? I don't know what that is but it's pure gold. Frankly, if he turned those big, moonish eyes at me and suggested I kill my neighbor, I'd be reaching for the steak knife.

Damn. I wish I could quit him. (Ok. That's the last and only Brokeback Mountain reference. I promise.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

No, Jay, it's not Meredith Baxter Birney who'll be playing me in the miniseries, it's Charro... but if she's unavailable (ha! what are the chances of that?) it'll be Dr. Joyce Brothers.

And I think it's pretty clear Joanie Lauer, aka Chyna Doll, will be cast as Renee.

February 03, 2006 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile