SHAKING blog

Monday, April 04, 2005

There Oughta Be a Law

If I were better recalling the Schoolhouse Rock song lyrics to "I'm Just a Bill," I'd do my best to ban all former boy band members from running for public office. Today's Times relates that former 98 Degreer, Justin Jeffre (and no, this is not even the "good" Justin), wants to run for mayor of Cincinnati.

Sure, Cincinnati once elected Jerry Springer mayor. Sure, Cincinnati has a rich musical tradition (hello? Cincinnati, WKRP), but does that mean the town really deserves this?

98 Degrees of Hotness Posted by Hello

One should hope not.

Perhaps this is cynical on my behalf, but for some reason the fact that Jeffre wants VH1 to follow his campaign for a new reality series kinda strikes me as, ooh, let's say at least as opportunistic as desperate.

About Us

View our complete profile