SHAKING blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Extinctables

"Sorry 'Bout That, Love!" That's what Sean from HP customer support told me after we spent an hour on the phone together--and $100--and he came to the conclusion that my hard drive, she was kaput. After our convo, I decided that "Sorry about that, Love," was a phrase I'd like to see banned from the lexicon. I never never never want to hear it uttered again, and if it is ever said again in my presence, I'm fairly likely to go ape shit on the interlocuter.


But why stop with "Sorry about that, Love"? The more I began thinking about it, the more I realized that there were plenty of other word combos I'd be happier never to hear again as well. To wit, I'd like to come up with a list of Extinctable, a group of phrases, concepts and ideas so awful, they should just go away forever.

Here are a few examples: "She poops soup," Gawker Commenters, "Mission Accomplished," Smoothies, Ann Coulter, etc. and since the Shaking boards have been brimming recently, I ask you to contribute some Extinctables of your own...

[this is a short, lazy post, i realize, but i'm still mourning the death of my hard drive, so step off.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Office Extintables:

"Let's take that offline"

"I'll send you an outlook."

"I'll reach out to her."

"Leah has time."

July 26, 2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm the Decider"

July 26, 2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. 1650 detector radar whistler Sauna amsterdam passport solo s2 cordless radar detector sale Fax check Diy divorce advice legislation on radar detectors proactive acne Vacuum cleaner brand names Prozac suicide 2003 Mississippi cash in advance Car wash for sale in texas Arlington rhinoplasty Isuzu 3.2 liter

March 07, 2007 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile