SHAKING blog

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My New Pet

At long last I've committed! For years I'd been scared off by friends who reminded me I was too irresponsible to have a pet. "You'll forget to feed it," they said. "You'll step on it, kill it, then feel guilty for at least ten minutes," they said. And for a long time, I believed them...

But I have to be honest, I was so inspired by the whole little dog craze of late that I just thought, I can't hold out any longer! I want to be that paragon of fashion! I want a purse pooch. Except I want mine even smaller than the mini Chihuahua, and I don't want to have to worry about walking it or feeding it. (My friends are right, I am irresponsible.) So I want something that will fend for itself.

And that's why I decided to go with a mouse. Truly, it's the perfect apartment pet. Now all I have to do is figure out how to play dead, and then I'll be all set...

About Us

View our complete profile