SHAKING blog

Friday, July 14, 2006

Loneliness Officially A Crime


In probably the most tragic story I’ve read in weeks, and a sobering reminder for Robin and Renee, a woman in Oregon was arrested recently after using the 911 system to track down “the cute cop” who had answered her door earlier that the evening about a noise complaint.

That’s a crime??

Here’s how the lonely-hearted defendant, Lorna Jeanne Dudash, explained it to the dispatch operator: "He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name. Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

But the hater operator found no sympathy in her heart for poor Lorna Jeanne. After being stonewalled, Dudash continued her appeal:

“Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old, and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911. I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

And then the heartless bastards of Aloha, Oregon, arrested poor Lorna Jeanne.

I’m appalled. We all know how tough it is out there. Match.com is a joke. The bars are an insane asylum with a two drink minimum. And 45, as both Robin and Renee can attest, ain’t no walk on the beach. So let’s have a little sympathy for poor Lorna Jeanne Dudash. An immediate pardon is in order. And for god’s sake, someone get that woman a date.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Baboonhead said...

Are you joking? If not you're an idiot!

July 15, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

stick and stones, baboonhead.

July 16, 2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, this is the dumbest post i've ever seen.

the few minutes she wasted trying to find this cute doctor could have cost another person his/her life.

ur a dum.b shi.t

July 16, 2006 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cute policeman

July 16, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

My, what spirited debate! Looks like both baboonhead and anonymous spent some quality time at the Zidane/Materazzi Finishing School for Poor Manners.

July 17, 2006 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/And-you-to-can-Date-Cutie-Pie-Cop_W0QQitemZ230008543930QQihZ013QQcategoryZ19257QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

July 17, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Datenv said...

I don't think what she did deserves the punishment she could receive from the courts. Also, can you imagine what her life must be like now after all the publicity. I can only imagine how she must feel. I also think the 911 operator could have given her the non emergency police number and let it go. Also how much can be happening in ALoha Oregon that they are concerned about tied up 911 calls. Hey New York sure call every 15 seconds but "no where" Oregon. It would have taken the operator 15 seconds to give her a number to call. I feel sorry for her. Hope she finds someone.

July 18, 2006 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile