SHAKING blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's the Prom issue!


March is finally here, and we all know what that means: prom season!

It used to arrive in late Febrary, bulky and heavy, wrapped in plastic and with a binding thick enough to rival the September issue of Vogue. It was the Seventeen magazine March prom issue, and it sent my heart aflutter with the delusional hope that maybe, just maybe, I'd graduate to the ranks of normal this year, that Jason, the varsity soccer forward would totally finally see how beautiful I was--well, at least how much potentially I had, and above all, what a stunning, crowd-stopping prom date I would be! This year I'd be like the popular girls, the ones whose mothers actually took them to big shopping mall in Syracuse that had real department stores, stores that carried a whole department just for Juniors, with whole racks of bubble skirts, irridescent taffeta, sweetheart necklines, shirred lame, and stretch sequin and chiffon dresses.

It was clear to me that the right prom dress would change everything, it would reveal the real irresistible me to the whole school and they'd all wonder where I'd been during the first three marking periods of the year! I just needed for Jason to see that inside the mousy chipmunk-cheeked dweeb who walked by his locker everyday between 3rd and 4th periods there was, like, a Seventeen prom issue model lookalike just waiting to fill out her Gunne Saxe gown.

Because what was the prom in the 80's without Gunne Saxe and Jessica McClintock? And guess what: the house of pearls and lace and countless fashion trainwrecks is back! They have mysteriously spawned a third label, Scott McClintock, who must be their designing son, genetically engineered to come out the womb flamboyant. The good news is that he designs JUST like his parents...

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Frankly I don't know where you found that top picture of me, but it's good to see I was less awkward than I thought I was at that age. Of course from my position, you can tell that I've just fallen down, and that does remind me of me, but at least I didn't have the huge frizzy hair and large bulgy eyes that for some reason I'm recalling.

March 02, 2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Meiqing Xu said...

15720meiqing
sac longchamp pas cher
nike air max
football shoes
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
celine
true religion outlet
oakley sunglass
true religion jeans
retro jordans
louis vuitton
michael kors
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
tods outlet
abercrombie
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
toms outlet
hollister
coach outlet store online
fitflop shoes
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton uk
barbour jackets
christian louboutin outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
jordan 4
michael kors
fitflop footwear
christian louboutin
louboutin pas cher
oakley sunglasses
tod's shoes
oakley sunglasses wholesale
prada
timberlands

July 20, 2015 1:17 AM  
Blogger Meiqing Xu said...

15829meiqing
air jordan pas cher
oakley sunglasses sale
jordan 11 gamma blue
nike uk
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton outlet
burberry outlet
oakley sunglasses
tory burch outlet
michael kors outlet online
true religion jeans
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
gucci outlet
gucci outlet online
christian louboutin sale
louis vuitton outlet
gucci shoes
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
black timberland boots
ralph lauren
nike roshe runs
nike huarache shoes
hollister
michael kors outlet online
ray bans
oakley outlet
ray-ban aviator
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet online
jordan 11
louis vuitton
ed hardy outlet
coach outlet
ray ban outlet
michael kors
coach factory
adidas uk
louis vuitton

August 28, 2015 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile