SHAKING blog

Saturday, April 16, 2005

My Innermost Thoughts

It turns out that Vanity Fair has been ripping off Proust all these years, with its famous end-of-the-book questionnaire to celebs. Proust himself designed and answered a series of questions meant to reveal his innermost thoughts, and this method of interviewing--the Proust questionnaire evidently--went on to become very popular. VF last month published Proust's own responses from 1892. Most fascinating to me was how much Proust's innermost thoughts echoed my very own! It was deeply and profoundly gratifying, because, after all, Proust was not a bad-looking guy. Below, I reproduce of few of his--essentially my own--revealing answers.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Feminine charm.

What do you most value in your friends?
Tenderness--provided they possess a physical charm, which makes their tenderness worth having.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Not, I fear, a very elevated one.

Which talent would you most like to have?
Irresistible charm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us

View our complete profile